January 15, 2010

Helping hands



1. golden gate, 2. Bound II, 3. Robert, 4. Untitled, 5. Offering., 6. London to Hastings line, July 23rd, 2009, 7. Untitled, 8. Untitled, 9. Sisters

It's hard not to feel helpless when such enormous devastation occurs in our world. All that we can do from the cozy comfort of our homes is to donate money. It doesn't seem like much, but it can make such a huge difference.

Here is a list of reputable organizations to which you can donate money.

The handmade world is also jumping in to do it's part.

Etsy has compiled a Handmade for Haiti list of sellers who are donating a percentage of their sales to the relief effort.

Jen at IndieFixx is organizing an online auction, to which I've donated my print "Looking for Love".

Between now and January 31st, I'll be donating 15% of my sales in my isphotography shop and my Etsy shop to the Red Cross.

Do whatever you can, no matter how small it seems. As Bill Clinton said "the most immediate thing now is for people even to give small amounts of money, but we need large numbers of people giving small amounts of money so we can get food, water, medical supplies and shelter there".

4 comments:

katie said...

Hi Irene - I just found your blog and wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying looking at your work. Your style & eye are so unique... the color tones & softness... it made my morning! Just thought I'd let you know :)
-Katie

L'Éphémère said...

I love this post... it's a great themes. Beautiful hands by the way.

Hannah Sadie said...

Absolutely adore this post - what a beautiful way to show all the helping hands needed right now. I just found your blog and will definitely be returning often :)

Unknown said...

Hey, came across your page. I quite enjoyed it, you take beautiful photos :)