July 16, 2013

Midnight Sun












The longest part of the trip around Iceland was from Snaefellsnes in the northwest to Lake Myvatn in the northeast. This trip normally takes about 6 hours by car but took us about 16 hours because there was just so much jaw-dropping beauty to stop and photograph along the way. We arrived at our destination at about 1:30 AM. The sun never set completely, and for the last two hours of the trip we were treated to spectacular colors and landscapes such as these.


7 comments:

Indianapolis Wedding Photographers said...

Wonderful blog & good post with high quality pictures. It’s really helpful for me, waiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Catherine said...

Never ever fail to be inspired! Many thanks for sharing as always Irene:~))

Natašek said...

indeed, jaw-dropping beauty.. wonderful photographs.

Kelven said...

Gorgeous looking tones here!

Anonymous said...

Amazing photography - the place itself is magical and I bet it made your work easier :) You captured it's beauty. Where will you travel next? You should visit Portugal. My city, Lisbon, might be humble and small but it has the most unique light in Europe. Hugs from Portugal

Mary Ann said...

I love your work – and I was thrilled to see your images of Iceland! They probably don't look distinct to most people, but I instantly thought of northwest Iceland. By any chance, were you anywhere near Vatnsdalsvegur?

Anonymous said...

The soft pastel tones in this photos captures me. For me it would be a nightmare to drive 16 hrs. ;) But I'm glad you did, because of the beautiful photos you brought us from your drive to Mývatn.